Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, vegan crispy tofu sushi rolls. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook vegan crispy tofu sushi rolls using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls:
- Take Firm tofu
- Get 1 C Sushi rice
- Prepare 1 C Corn starch
- Take Vegan chicken seasoning
- Make ready UMAMI mushroom seasoning
- Take 2 Nori sheets
- Prepare Pickled Shredded red cabbage
- Take Pickled carrots and apples
- Prepare Soy sauce (shoyu sauce)
- Make ready Mirin (rice wine vinegar)
- Get Sesame oil
- Get Sesame seeds (optional)
- Prepare Panko bread crumbs
- Make ready Oat milk
- Get Sugar and Salt
Steps to make Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls:
- Drain and pat dry the firm tofu. Cut it in half. You dont need all of it unless you plan to make a lot of sushi. Cut length wise and not too thick.
- Place 1 cup of corn starch in a bowl. Season it with the vegan chicken seasoning and mushroom seasoning. [You can use whatever seasoning you want] mix well!
- Cover the tofu in the cornstarch mix. In two bowls place the oat milk and bread crumbs. Dip the cornstarch tofu in the oat milk first and then in the breadcrumbs covering it completely and shaking off excess. Once you have done all of the tofu set aside and start heating up oil.
- In the mean time cook sushi rice per instruction in either a rice cooker or pot. I did a pot because I didnt want to deal with rice cooker (it was quicker too)
- Once oil is hot enough, fry those little suckers!
- Once everything is cooked time to assemble. But first, place the warm rice in a shallow bowl and season it with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 1/2 tsp of sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Grab the nori sheets and place one on the sushi mat. I use wax paper on the mat to help it not stick. Press rice into the sheet pressing firmly but gently. Rice should stick easily if it's a bit warm.
- Start assembling your ingredients, and ROLL carefully.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food vegan crispy tofu sushi rolls recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!