Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, dakgangjeong (sweet crispy chicken). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have dakgangjeong (sweet crispy chicken) using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken):
- Get 500 gr boneless chicken meat
- Make ready 125 ml milk
- Take 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare to taste white pepper powder
- Get 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Prepare 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- Make ready 50 gr potato starch or cornstarch
- Take 500 ml vegetable oil for frying
- Get For the sauce:
- Take 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Make ready 3 tbsp mirin
- Get 2 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Make ready 1 tbsp Gochujang (Korean red chili pepper)
- Take 3 tbsp honey
- Get 2 tsp sesame oil
- Get 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp minced garlic
- Take 1 tsp minced ginger
- Get to taste white pepper powder
- Get 1-2 tbsp toasted sesame
Instructions to make Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken):
- In a bowl, soak chicken in milk. Cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Drain thoroughly.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Season with salt, white pepper powder, garlic, and ginger. Let it stand for 20-30 minutes.
- In a pan, mix together all the sauce ingredients. Bring it boil. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until it thickens slightly, for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Coat the chicken evenly with potato starch or cornstarch. Shake the excess flour off. - Heat the vegetable oil until it starts smoking (more or less 350 F). Divide the chicken in 2 batches. Drop the chicken pieces in one at a time. Fry until light golden brown for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set them on a wire rack or a paper-towel lined plate. Do the same thing with the 2nd batch.
- Reheat the vegetable oil (350 F). Deep fry the chicken pieces for the 2nd time for 30-40 seconds. You can do this in 1 batch.
- Heat the sauce over medium low heat. Add the chicken and stir well until they’re evenly coated. Garnish with toasted sesame.
- Enjoy! 😊
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food dakgangjeong (sweet crispy chicken) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!