Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, cranberry apple relish. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This tangy cranberry-apple relish is a perfect make-ahead holiday side; you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days before serving. This relish has a great flavor especially with the addition of celery! Chopped pecans or walnuts can be added if desired. (Home on the range or hotplate) This recipe is much less complicated than putting up a tent.
Cranberry apple relish is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Cranberry apple relish is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have cranberry apple relish using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cranberry apple relish:
- Get water
- Get brown sugar
- Make ready Cider vinegar
- Get Honey
- Take Grated orange rind
- Make ready medium Orange, peeled and chopped (1/2 c)
- Make ready Ground cinnamon
- Get Ground ginger
- Get Ground cloves
- Make ready small Tart, crisp apples - Peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes (1 2/3 c)
- Prepare Cranberries (12oz)
- Prepare Raisins
- Make ready Chopped pecans or walnuts
Make this recipe for a change of pace from jellied sauces at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I whipped up this cranberry-apple relish as a quick alternative to the holiday mainstay by pulsing fresh cranberries, apple, sugar, and orange juice and zest together in a food processor. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small.
Steps to make Cranberry apple relish:
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, sugar, vinegar, honey, orange rind, orange, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves to a boil, stirring, over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the apples, return the liquid to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes more
- Add the cranberries and cook at a low boil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, another 10 to 15 minutes or until thick.
- Stir in the raisins and nuts; transfer to a medium sized bowl to cool.
- Cover and chill.
Sautéed garlic and onion, plus a little bit of salt, add a savory note to this sweet-tart relish, which gets its body from the natural pectin in the poached, puréed cranberries. Holiday and Thanksgiving Cranberry Relish recipe. Fresh cranberries ground up with apples and orange. One of my favorite things to make for Thanksgiving and the holidays is raw cranberry relish. Back to Fresh Cranberry and Apple Relish.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food cranberry apple relish recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!