Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, honey crisp apple puff tart. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Honey Crisp Apple Puff Tart is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Honey Crisp Apple Puff Tart is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Ingredients and step-by-step recipe for Honeycrisp Apple Tart. Find more gourmet recipes and meal ideas at The Fresh Market today! Quick Puff Pastry CRISP PUFF PASTRY TART DOUGH Ingre.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook honey crisp apple puff tart using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Honey Crisp Apple Puff Tart:
- Take 1 packages puff pastry (2 sheets thawed)
- Take 2 1/2 lb honey crisp apples, peeled and sliced into thin half moons (this amount may vary i always make extra and the apples were tiny)
- Make ready 5 tbsp butter, unsalted
- Make ready 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Get 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Take pinch sea salt
- Take lemon juice
- Prepare 3 tbsp egg wash (approx one large egg with tbsp cold water whisked)
- Get raw sugar for sprinkling
- Get flour (flour the bottom of your baking sheet so your puff pastry wont stick! )
Filled with browned butter and topped with caramelized honeycrisp apple wedges, this apple dessert tastes just as good as it looks! Mine is a simple tart crust, blind baked, a thick cranberry sauce with pumpkin pie spices in place of the apple butter. Honeycrisp (Malus pumila) is an apple cultivar (cultivated variety) developed at the Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station's Horticultural Research Center at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. These apples were a gift from my neighbor.
Steps to make Honey Crisp Apple Puff Tart:
- Thaw your puff pastry dough according to directions. Usually about 30 mins to an hour.
- Squeeze a little fresh lemon over your apple slices while you cut them and wait for butter to heat.
- Heat butter in a saucepan.
- Add apple slices and simmer until browned and soft.
- Once apples are softened and delish add cinnamon and sugar with just a sprinkle of salt (more if you like a stronger salted caramel taste ;) )
- Seal any rips in your puff pasyry dough then cut each piece in half so you're left with 4 rectangles.
- Flour the baking sheets (lightly dust). Line your cooled cooked apples in the middle of only 2 peices. Line the edges with egg wash. (Making a frame around your apple mixture lineup)
- Cover each slice with its match. Seal the edges around the pouches using a fork to press them closed.
- Brush both pockets with egg wash and slice a few small slits to let out steam.
- **Sprinkle with raw brown sugar to give your crust a sugar crunch.
- Bake for 10-15 mins depending how toasted you like your puffs.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream :)
I like to use granny smith for tartness and honey crisp or macintosh or pink ladies for the. This French-style apple tart is topped with nothing but fruit and a squeeze of lemon juice. Make it with homemade rough puff pastry, or a store-bought sheet of Roll out the puff pastry to about the size of the sheet pan, using a light dusting of flour if the dough is sticky, then place on top of the parchment. Serve warm or at room temperature. The trees have grown in popularity since then, producing sweet and consistent dessert apples.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food honey crisp apple puff tart recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!