Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, apple pie (puff pastry dough)★recipe video★. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Apple Pie (Puff Pastry Dough)★Recipe video★ is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Apple Pie (Puff Pastry Dough)★Recipe video★ is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook apple pie (puff pastry dough)★recipe video★ using 18 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Pie (Puff Pastry Dough)★Recipe video★:
- Get ■PIE DOUGH
- Take ・ 4/5 cup (180g) unsalted butter
- Prepare ・ 4/5 cup (100g) bread flour
- Get ・ 4/5 cup (100g) cake flour
- Make ready ・ 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- Take ・ 2/5 cup (90g) cold water
- Take ・ 1 egg yolk and 1/2 tsp water, for brushing on the pie
- Get ・ 1.5 Tbsp lemon juice
- Take ■FILLING
- Get ・ 2/5 cup (85g) granulated sugar
- Take ・ 4 apples (670g / 24 oz, net weight)
- Make ready ・ 2 tsp (16g) honey
- Make ready ・ 2 Tbsp (20g) unsalted butter
- Make ready ・ 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Get ・ 1 Tbsp water (for cornstarch)
- Get ・ 1 Tbsp rum
- Get ・ dash of cinnamon powder
- Get ※1cup=235cc(USA)
Steps to make Apple Pie (Puff Pastry Dough)★Recipe video★:
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/GFwl0A7_rS8
- 【For Puff Pastry Dough】Dice unsalted butter into about 1cm (0.4 in) cubes. Put the butter cubes in a large bowl. Put cake flour, bread flour and salt in a bowl together. Pour 90g water into a small bowl. Chill the all ingredients in a fridge 30 min.
- (30 min later) Mix the flours until combined. Add the flours to the butter and toss to coat. Mix it while cutting the butter. Mix it until it becomes yellowish. If the butter seems to melt, please chill it in a fridge.
- Pour the well chilled water over the dough evenly. Fold it roughly. Gather the dough.
- Knead it lightly until you have a firm, rough dough. Flatten it and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill it for 2-3 hour in a fridge.
- 【For Apple Pie Filling】Peel the apples, then core. Divide each apple into 8 equally. Cut each piece in half. Put apples in a large pot.
- Add lemon juice and toss apples with the lemon juice. Add granulated sugar and toss apples with the sugar. Let it sit as it is for 30 minutes.
- (30 min later) Add honey and unsalted butter. Cook on medium heat. Mix it sometimes to prevent from scorching.
- Put cornstarch, water and rum in a small bowl and stir it; set aside.
- Turn off the heat when the sauce has reduced. Stir cornstarch mixture again and pour it over the apples. Cook until it has thickened. Add cinnamon and mix. Transfer it a container and let it cool.
- 【Fold the puff pastry dough.】Take the dough out of the fridge. Roll out it and shape into a long rectangle, sprinkling bread flour on the dough as needed. Fold the dough into thirds, like you're folding a letter.
- Rotate it 90 degrees. Roll it out and fold into thirds again. Chill it in a fridge for 30 min. Repeat this whole process (roll, fold,roll, fold, chill) two more times.
- 【Assemble and bake pie.】 Preheat an oven to 220℃ / 428 F. Divide the dough into two pieces, one about twice as large as the other. The larger piece will be the bottom and braid pastry; the smaller piece, the top. Let the smaller piece sit in a fridge. Roll out the larger piece into 3 mm (0.1 in) thick.
- Wind the pastry around the rolling pin and lift it. Line a pan with the pastry.
- Trim the extra pastry from the edges. Press the laid pastry against the pan. Let it sit in a freezer.
- Roll out the remain pastry (the trimed edge pastry) to a 35×6 cm (14''×2.4'') rectangle. Cut it into 6 long, thin strips. (width 1cm, 0.4 in)
- Take 3 strips and braid them. Stick the other 3 strips with a little water and continue to braid. Set aside.
- Put the apple filling into the pastry-lined pan. Roll out the smaller piece of dough into 3 mm (0.1 in) thick. Place it over the filling.
- Cut extra pastry. Prick holes in 15 places with a fork. Brush inside of edge with egg yolk and water mixture.
- Place the braid there while pressing gently. Brush whole surface with egg yolk and water mixture. Bake it at 200℃ / 392 F for 45-50 min.
- It's all done!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food apple pie (puff pastry dough)★recipe video★ recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!