Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, sig's german bagel and bretzel stuffing. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sig's German Bagel and Bretzel Stuffing is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Sig's German Bagel and Bretzel Stuffing is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have sig's german bagel and bretzel stuffing using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's German Bagel and Bretzel Stuffing:
- Take bagels and/ or large bretzels in total weight
- Get crusty rolls from day before
- Take good handful of flatleaf parsley
- Get dried wild garlic or 1 clove of garlic finely minced
- Get large white onion
- Prepare full fat milk
- Make ready medium sized fresh eggs
- Get fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage (optional, to ta
- Take crisp apple finely chopped up into small pieces
- Prepare salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make ready ground nutmeg (optional)
- Prepare butter for sautéing the onions and herbs and the greasing of the
- Make ready plain flour for dusting the baking tin
- Prepare small crisp apple per person, cored and sliced and a little
Instructions to make Sig's German Bagel and Bretzel Stuffing:
- Use old bagels/bretzels (remove salt crystals from bretzels, if you bought salted ones) from the day before or leave them out to dry a little the night before. Cut all the breads into small cubes on the day of using them.
- Melt some butter and sauté chopped onions garlic, sage and parsley set aside to cool
- Simmer the milk and pour it over the Bagel chunks, leave to stand for an hour or so
- Mix well together making sure that it a not to dry. It should be similar to normal stuffing mix, add the very finely chopped apple pieces.
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white, add the yolks to the butter herb mix then add this to the Bagel that is soaked. Season with salt and pepper and a hint of nutmeg if you like
- Preheat oven you 175 °C
- Gently whisk the egg whites with a small pinch of salt and lift them under the mix
- You can either butter and dust with flour a medium to large bundt tin or gugelhupfform or use separate smaller serving tins like mini gugelhupf to spread the mix into bake if using a larger form for about 45 to 50 minutes or if using the small separate ones until set and golden brown
- If you want to use a different tin or ovenproof dish to bake your stuffing, you may have to adjust the cooking time, make sure that it cooked evenly through on all sides all the way as you would with a skewer just the same, just like you would with a cake.
- Core and cut an apple in halve so that it can serve two people, slice each half thinly and put into a small dish with a little butter and saute/roast in oven or pan for about 10 minutes or so.. Serve as a side to the stuffing.
- Insert a needle or skewer to test if it comes out clean. If it does the stuffing is cooked. If it does, turn over the tin and serve hot with the apples and the main meal.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food sig's german bagel and bretzel stuffing recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!