Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, sprouted lentil salad. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sprouted Lentil Salad is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Sprouted Lentil Salad is something which I have loved my entire life.
Enjoy your home sprouted lentils in this amazing salad, with lots of crunchy veggies and a salty Recipe: Sprouted Lentil Salad. Sometimes all you need is something light for lunch, or even dinner. Learn how to make a sprouted lentil salad!
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have sprouted lentil salad using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sprouted Lentil Salad:
- Make ready 1 cup Organic dry lentils (sprouted)
- Make ready 1 finely chopped red onion
- Take 1-2 crisp apples (I like gala)
- Prepare 1 cup chopped celery
- Take 1 cup pomegranate aerials
- Get 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts (or pecans, almonds, pistachio…)
- Get 1 cup mayonnaise
- Take 3 tbl. Spoon white wine vinegar
- Take 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Get 1 Tbl. Spoon sugar (or to taste)
- Make ready Pinch pepper
- Prepare 1 Tbl. Spoon poppyseeds
Sprouted lentils are tasty and great for sandwiches, salads, wraps Cheaper than buying sprouts at the supermarket, home sprouted lentils are versatile and packed with flavour. Sprouting is super easy and you can enjoy the added nutritional benefits with hardly Benefits of sprouting lentils: Lentils contain phytic acid, which can be difficult to digest. Sprout lentil (dal) salad is a colorful, refreshing, nourishing dish, a good source of protein and calcium. This salad can be served as a light lunch.
Steps to make Sprouted Lentil Salad:
- Step one: sprout the lentils. Place lentils in large (at least 4 cup capacity, lentils will need room to grow, or use multiple jars) glass jar covered with water. Soak for 4 -8 hours.
- My sprouting jar. If you are unsure if you'll enjoy sprouted lentils, just sprout 1/4 cup the first time. Add to your lettuce salads, enjoy in sandwiches or wraps, and as a really nice crunchy topping for tacos instead of floppy lettuce.I always have a batch in the fridge, and one going on the counter, I am so in love with sprouts!
- Drain lentils. Rinse in cool water. Cover top of jar with cheese cloth, or mesh held on with rubber band or twine. Drain lentils. Place jar on its side in a dish or tray to catch remaining water. Let rest on counter.
- For next 3 -7 days, rinse and drain jar twice a day, until lentils sprout. They will begin to sprout in 1 or two days, but I like to leave them until they just start to get green leaves.
- Rinse sprouted lentils in extra large bowl, filled with water. Some of the empty seed jackets will float to the top. You can skim them off, if you want, but they are edible and loaded with good for you fiber, so it's up to you.
- Drain well, a salad spinner works well here. If not using in salad, immediately, store in covered container in fridge, rinsing every couple of days, to keep them hydrated. They will continue to grow, and will outgrow the container if left too long.
- Prepare the rest of salad veggies, feel free to add any of your favorites. I often add cauliflower or broccoli, chopped finely. When I don't have pomegranate, red bell peppers add a nice pop of color.
- Mix salad dressing ingredients, adjusting sugar, salt and vinegar to taste. If your apples are really sweet, you may not need more sugar. Sub honey, agave or other sugar substitute as desired.
- Toss saldad with dressing, stirring in most of the nuts. Save a few for garnish.
- This salad is best when served soon after tossing, however I have enjoyed it days later too. The fruit juices tend to dilute the poppyseed dressing and settles into a milky watery puddle, but the apples retain their color and it still tastes great.
Sprouted lentils… a crunchy, flavorful, and nutritious way to dress up a variety of dishes, from salads to tacos to chili! To make a salad of sprouted lentils we can use different types of lentils like : Whole Moong, Whole Lobiya, Whole Desi Chana, Whole White Chana, peas and Moth etc. Enjoy this simply roasted lentil and shredded Brussels sprouts salad recipe on its own as a vegetarian/vegan meal or use as a base for a lean protein. Quinoa Lentil Salad Recipe: Made with roasted brussels sprouts, shallots, and sweet red peppers, this lentil salad is filling and fragrant. This vegan salad features truRoots' sprouted green lentils, which are rich in protein, thiamine, iron, vitamin C, folate, and more.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food sprouted lentil salad recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!