Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, bacon horseradish potato salad. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This potato salad is made with red, white and blue potatoes, bleu cheese, creamy greek yogurt and horseradish dressing and red peppers and bacon. It makes a patriotic (and crazy yummy) barbecue side dish for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July, or all summer long. This potato salad with horseradish follows the same idea, replacing the vinegar with a bright lemon-scallion-anchovy dressing and adding parsley and yellow peppers for some textural variation.
Bacon Horseradish Potato Salad is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Bacon Horseradish Potato Salad is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have bacon horseradish potato salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon Horseradish Potato Salad:
- Prepare 2 lb red potatoes
- Get 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Get 4 each hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Make ready 1 cup mayo, more or less to taste
- Make ready 1 pinch kosher salt to taste
- Take 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- Make ready 6 each green onions, trimmed and cut into thin slices keeping the white pieces separated from the green
- Prepare 12 slice bacon, fried till crisp and crumbled
- Take 1 tbsp horseradish, up to a 1/3 cup to taste
Set aside until ready to use. A Potato Salad you'll make again and again… This recipe is from the mother of a good friend, and thus I originally named this recipe in her honour Mrs Brodie's recipe calls for Horseradish Relish which is stronger. However, this is quite hard to find here in Australia so I substituted with Horseradish Cream. View top rated Bacon horseradish mashed potatoes recipes with ratings and reviews.
Steps to make Bacon Horseradish Potato Salad:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Add potatoes to water and return to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Cook potatoes just until fork tender and drain in a colander. Let set for 3-4 minutes. Transfer the still hot potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the thinly sliced white onion parts and drizzle the apple cider vinegar over the top and gently toss. Cover with plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator to chill completely before proceeding.
- When potatoes are cold through and through, remove the plastic wrap and add the crumbled bacon (reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish), chopped hard boiled egg, mayo, horseradish, and thinly sliced onion greens (reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish). Gently toss to combine and adjust taste to suit. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hour, but preferably overnight before serving. Before serving, stir well and taste, adjusting taste to suit. Garnish with reserved thinly sliced onion greens and crumbled bacon.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
This simple dish has flavor varieties sure to please, from a zesty horseradish version to one just like mom used to make. Filled with red onion, blue cheese, bacon, and a sweet-tangy dressing, this potato salad recipe is a fave! Place potatoes in a large bowl. Stir together mayonnaise and sour cream until blended. Halibut with Panko-Horseradish Crust and Warm Fingerling Potato Salad.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food bacon horseradish potato salad recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!