Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, dakgangjeong (sweet crispy chicken). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook dakgangjeong (sweet crispy chicken) using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken):
- Get 500 gr boneless chicken meat
- Get 125 ml milk
- Make ready 1/4 tsp salt
- Make ready to taste white pepper powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Take 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- Get 50 gr potato starch or cornstarch
- Get 500 ml vegetable oil for frying
- Get For the sauce:
- Make ready 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Take 3 tbsp mirin
- Take 2 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Get 1 tbsp Gochujang (Korean red chili pepper)
- Prepare 3 tbsp honey
- Prepare 2 tsp sesame oil
- Take 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Get 1 tsp minced garlic
- Prepare 1 tsp minced ginger
- Prepare to taste white pepper powder
- Make ready 1-2 tbsp toasted sesame
Instructions to make Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken):
- In a bowl, soak chicken in milk. Cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Drain thoroughly.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Season with salt, white pepper powder, garlic, and ginger. Let it stand for 20-30 minutes.
- In a pan, mix together all the sauce ingredients. Bring it boil. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until it thickens slightly, for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Coat the chicken evenly with potato starch or cornstarch. Shake the excess flour off. - Heat the vegetable oil until it starts smoking (more or less 350 F). Divide the chicken in 2 batches. Drop the chicken pieces in one at a time. Fry until light golden brown for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set them on a wire rack or a paper-towel lined plate. Do the same thing with the 2nd batch.
- Reheat the vegetable oil (350 F). Deep fry the chicken pieces for the 2nd time for 30-40 seconds. You can do this in 1 batch.
- Heat the sauce over medium low heat. Add the chicken and stir well until they’re evenly coated. Garnish with toasted sesame.
- Enjoy! 😊
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food dakgangjeong (sweet crispy chicken) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!