Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス) using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス):
- Get Roux
- Make ready 3 tbsp butter or vegetable shortening
- Take 4 tbsp flour
- Make ready 2 tbsp curry powder
- Get 1 tbsp garam masala
- Take Curry
- Prepare 1 onion, sliced thin
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic
- Take 1 thumb ginger, sliced thin
- Get 1 tbsp curry powder
- Take 2 tbsp ketchup
- Make ready 4 cups chicken broth
- Get 1 carrot, cubed
- Take 1 medium potato, cubed
- Get 2 bay leaves
- Prepare 1 cinnamon stick
- Make ready 1/4 tsp whole cloves
- Prepare 1/4 apple, grated
- Take 4 pcs tonkatsu (breaded pork or chicken cutlets) fried
Steps to make Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス):
- Melt butter/shortening in a pan on low heat. Mix flour until well blended. Rise heat to medium low and mix until flour browns a little. Be careful not to burn it!
- Add curry powder and garam masala, mixing well. Transfer to a bowl. If not using immediately can be stored for up to a month refrigerated.
- With 2 tbsp oil, sauté the onions under low heat. Let the onions caramelise, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Rise heat to medium low and add garlic, ginger, ketchup, and curry powder. Stir well.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and broth. Bring heat up to medium. Add cloves, cinnamon stick, and bay leaves. Let boil, and then bring heat back down to low, and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add curry roux made in steps 1–2. Stir well and bring heat up to medium. Let boil, and then lower heat to low, and stir until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add grated apple and stir well.
- Fry tonkatsu pieces and chop. Arrange on a plate with rice and pour curry on top. Serve hot.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!