Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, crisp refrigerator cucumber slices. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Crisp Refrigerator Cucumber Slices is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Crisp Refrigerator Cucumber Slices is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have crisp refrigerator cucumber slices using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Crisp Refrigerator Cucumber Slices:
- Prepare cucumbers
- Prepare onions
- Prepare sugar
- Prepare apple cider vinegar
- Get canning salt
- Prepare mustard seed
- Make ready alum
Instructions to make Crisp Refrigerator Cucumber Slices:
- In a LARGE bowl combine sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard seed, and alum. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Wash cucumbers thoroughly. I use baking soda in my water because that is the main ingredient in the commercial vegetable washes.
- I like to score mine by running.the tines of a fork down each side. Makes them look a little more decorative. Then cut into 1/4" slices.
- Cut onions into 1/8 to 1/4" slices. Combine cucumbers and onions in vinegar mixture. Let set for 15 to 20 minutes so the mixture shrinks a little as the cucumbers and onions release some of their juices.
- Put into containers and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food crisp refrigerator cucumber slices recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!