Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, cranberry apple relish. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Cranberry apple relish is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Cranberry apple relish is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
This tangy cranberry-apple relish is a perfect make-ahead holiday side; you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days before serving. This relish has a great flavor especially with the addition of celery! Chopped pecans or walnuts can be added if desired. (Home on the range or hotplate) This recipe is much less complicated than putting up a tent.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have cranberry apple relish using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cranberry apple relish:
- Make ready 1 cup water
- Prepare 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Make ready 1/2 cup Cider vinegar
- Take 1/3 cup Honey
- Prepare 1 tbsp Grated orange rind
- Prepare 1 medium Orange, peeled and chopped (1/2 c)
- Take 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- Get 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- Get 2 small Tart, crisp apples - Peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes (1 2/3 c)
- Prepare 1 packages Cranberries (12oz)
- Get 1/2 cup Raisins
- Get 1/2 cup Chopped pecans or walnuts
Make this recipe for a change of pace from jellied sauces at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I whipped up this cranberry-apple relish as a quick alternative to the holiday mainstay by pulsing fresh cranberries, apple, sugar, and orange juice and zest together in a food processor. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small.
Instructions to make Cranberry apple relish:
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, sugar, vinegar, honey, orange rind, orange, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves to a boil, stirring, over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the apples, return the liquid to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes more
- Add the cranberries and cook at a low boil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, another 10 to 15 minutes or until thick.
- Stir in the raisins and nuts; transfer to a medium sized bowl to cool.
- Cover and chill.
Sautéed garlic and onion, plus a little bit of salt, add a savory note to this sweet-tart relish, which gets its body from the natural pectin in the poached, puréed cranberries. Holiday and Thanksgiving Cranberry Relish recipe. Fresh cranberries ground up with apples and orange. One of my favorite things to make for Thanksgiving and the holidays is raw cranberry relish. Back to Fresh Cranberry and Apple Relish.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cranberry apple relish recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!