Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, skillet apple crisp. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Skillet Apple Crisp is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Skillet Apple Crisp is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Cover the apple filling in the skillet evenly with the crumb topping. I find that apple crisps can often be quite dry, but this one is super saucy and moist. A few months ago I was forced to banish my cast iron skillet to the back of my kitchen cupboard after it started to.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have skillet apple crisp using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Skillet Apple Crisp:
- Make ready 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Prepare 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- Make ready 3/4 cup pecans, chopped fine
- Get 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Make ready 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Get 1/2 tsp cinammon
- Take 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Take 3 lb Golden Delicious apples, about 7 medium
- Take 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Take 1/4 tsp cinammon
- Prepare 1 cup apple cider
- Take 2 tsp juice from 1 lemon
- Prepare 2 tbsp unsalted butter
This is the perfect dessert for apple-picking season. ATK recommends Golden Delicious apples in this recipe, but Honeycrisp or Braeburn. Skillet Apple Crisp is hard to resist! Perfectly cooked apples and a crunchy brown sugar oatmeal topping come together in this easy and flavorful recipe.
Instructions to make Skillet Apple Crisp:
- FOR THE TOPPING: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450°F. Combine flour, pecans, oats, 1/2 c. brown sugar, 1/4 c. granulated sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl. Stir in melted butter until mixture is thoroughly moistened and crumbly. Set aside while preparing fruit filling.
- FOR THE FILLING: Peel, core, and chop apples into 1/2 inch wedges. Toss apples, 1/4 c. granulated sugar, and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon together in large bowl; set aside. Bring cider to simmer in 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Transfer reduced cider to bowl or liquid measuring cup; stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- Heat butter in now-empty skillet over medium heat. When foaming subsides, add apple mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until apples begin to soften and become translucent, 12 to 14 minutes. (Do not fully cook apples.) Remove pan from heat and gently stir in cider mixture until apples are coated. Transfer apples to 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit, breaking up any large chunks. Bake until fruit is tender and topping is deep golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Cool on wire rack until warm, at least 15 minutes, and serve.
Skillet Apple Crisp is an easy and simple dessert to whip up. Tender and spiced apples topped with a sweet oat topping and baked to golden brown perfect. Skillet Apple Crisp is one of our family's. Caramel Skillet Apple Crisp is warm and inviting! Warm cinnamon apples smothered in caramel sauce with a crumble oat topping.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food skillet apple crisp recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!