Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス) using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス):
- Get Roux
- Get 3 tbsp butter or vegetable shortening
- Make ready 4 tbsp flour
- Make ready 2 tbsp curry powder
- Prepare 1 tbsp garam masala
- Make ready Curry
- Take 1 onion, sliced thin
- Get 2 cloves garlic
- Get 1 thumb ginger, sliced thin
- Make ready 1 tbsp curry powder
- Take 2 tbsp ketchup
- Get 4 cups chicken broth
- Make ready 1 carrot, cubed
- Make ready 1 medium potato, cubed
- Get 2 bay leaves
- Take 1 cinnamon stick
- Get 1/4 tsp whole cloves
- Take 1/4 apple, grated
- Prepare 4 pcs tonkatsu (breaded pork or chicken cutlets) fried
Steps to make Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス):
- Melt butter/shortening in a pan on low heat. Mix flour until well blended. Rise heat to medium low and mix until flour browns a little. Be careful not to burn it!
- Add curry powder and garam masala, mixing well. Transfer to a bowl. If not using immediately can be stored for up to a month refrigerated.
- With 2 tbsp oil, sauté the onions under low heat. Let the onions caramelise, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Rise heat to medium low and add garlic, ginger, ketchup, and curry powder. Stir well.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and broth. Bring heat up to medium. Add cloves, cinnamon stick, and bay leaves. Let boil, and then bring heat back down to low, and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add curry roux made in steps 1–2. Stir well and bring heat up to medium. Let boil, and then lower heat to low, and stir until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add grated apple and stir well.
- Fry tonkatsu pieces and chop. Arrange on a plate with rice and pour curry on top. Serve hot.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!